Project “Citizen engagement in the prioritization, design and implementation of local development policies (SolveNet)”
Enhancing the role of civil society is one of our main objectives. There is a need to contribute to more active participation of citizens in development processes of various sectors. For this very reason our organisation as Armenian partner-organisation joined the project “Citizen engagement in the prioritization, design and implementation of local development policies (SolveNet)” which was financed by the European Union in the framework of the Joint Operational Programme “BLACK SEA BASIN 2007-2013”.
The project “Citizen engagement in the prioritization, design and implementation of local development policies (SolveNet)” was intended for four countries of Black Sea Basin (Romania, Moldova, Ukraine and Armenia). One of the aims of the project was also deepening of cooperation between the mentioned countries.
The main applicant of the project was SMART Development Centre, Romania.
The partners were:
- Association for Cross Border Cooperation “Lower Danube Euroregion” (Romania)
- Agency of Sustainable Development and European Integration “Lower Danube” Euroregion (Ukraine)
- The Institute of Public Policy (Republic of Moldova)
- Non-governmental organisation “European Integration”(Armenia)
In the framework of the project cooperation was carried out with NGOs of participating countries, representatives of local authorities, as well as with entrepreneurs. The following was envisaged in the process of the project:
- Increasing awareness about the importance of citizen engagement in social dialogue;
- Creating a network of organizations of civil society from Romania, Ukraine, Armenia and the Republic of Moldova that will support citizen engagement in local and regional development public policies;
- Stimulating entrepreneurs’ participation in the formulation of local and regional development policies and in public-private partnerships;
- Provide visibility of the Action;
- Creating and activating online platform for citizen engagement on www.public-policies.eu website;
- Involve entrepreneurs from 4 countries that would participate in trainings on public policy and participative democracy.