Professional Fellows Program (PFP) Is Alread Open
The American Councils Office is inviting to participate in the Professional Fellows Program.
The application for the Spring 2019 Professional Fellows Program is now open until November 5th, 2018. The spring program will take place in the US from April – May 2019.
WHO IS A PROFESSIONAL FELLOW?
Fellows come from a variety of professional backgrounds including:
- Government offices – including local government, regional development agencies, national policy offices, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy.
- The business world – Members who are active in developing corporate social responsibility or efforts to mentor under represented populations in business and other similar themes could be eligible.
- Social innovation and social entrepreneurship organizations.
- NGOs – including those increasing the role marginalized populations in the economy and workforce, building financial literacy and supporting other important efforts around economic empowerment.
- Universities – incubators, accelerators, university-based centers or programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, tourism or economic development.
To participate in the Professional Fellows Program you must be:
25-35 years old;
A citizen and current resident of either: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Georgia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Moldova, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
Speak fluent English to work full-time in a US worksite;
Interested in participating in a reciprocal program for Americans coming to your country.
Have at least two years relevant work experience and be currently employed;
Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
Be a professional fit for the PFP theme that your country participates in
Legislative – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey, Ukraine
Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Belarus, Russia
Economic Empowerment – Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
For more information, please, visit here.