European Commission Offers 2 Five Month, Paid Traineeships for 1,800 Trainees: Registration Is Open
Each year the European Commission offers 2 five month, paid traineeships, for 1,800 trainees;administrative or translation. Starting on 1 March or 1 October, trainees gain hands-on experience of EU policy making in a multicultural environment.
Trainees work all over the European Commission/Services/Agencies mostly in Brussels, but also in Luxembourg and across the European Union. The content of the job depends on the service you are assigned to. You may, for example, work in the field of competition law, human resources, environmental policy etc.
What does the traineeship offer?
- EU knowledge – insight into the processes and policies of the European Institutions
- Practical experience – an opportunity to play a part in the Commission’s day-to-day business
- Opportunity to put academic theory into practice
What does a trainee’s daily work consist of?
- Attending and organising meetings, working groups, forums, public hearings
- Researching and compiling documentation, reports, consultations, answering queries
- Running projects
What do we expect from you?
- Openness to European issues
- Interest in learning about Commission working methods
- Willingness to work in a multicultural environment
- Contribution to everyday work with a fresh point of view
- Proactive attitude
Scientific traineeships are also available at the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC).
For more information visit here.