OSCE MG REVEALS 6 PRINCIPLES FOR NK CONFLICT SETTLEMENT
The hearings on Nagorno Karabakh conflict has been held on October 8 in Dubrovnik , Croatia within OSCE Parliamentary Assembly fall session. The OSCE Minsk Group (MG) co-chairs made a speech at the meeting led by Assembly’s Chairman Joao Soares.
According to MG US co-chair Robert Bradtke’s speech the mediator countries see the settlement of the problem on the basis of 3 principles: non-use of force or threat of force, the territorial integrity of states and the right of peoples to self-determination. Later on in his speech the the US diplomat revealed the following 6 principles for the settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict:
1) withdrawal of internal troops from regions around Nagorno Karabakh
2) giving of transitional status to Nagorno Karabakh
3) the security of direct communication of Armenia with Nagorno Karabakh
4) the final settlement of legal status of Nagorno Karabakh
5) the return of refugees to their homes
6) the implementation of international security guarantees and peacemaking operation in the regions.
According to Bradtke, the sides adopt some principles, and refuse to adopt the others. That is why, it is impossible to achieve the final agreement.